If someone traveled to 50 countries, we’d be impressed. If they traveled to 100 we’d be super impressed. But if they traveled to every single country in the world, and became the first documented female, youngest American, AND fastest traveler to visit all 196 countries on the planet….well, that would leave us pretty amazed indeed.
But that’s exactly what Cassandra De Pecol is doing. The 27-year-old from Connecticut has already visited 181 countries since July 2015, and with only 15 countries remaining and 40 days to go, she’s well on course to break the Guinness World Record for the fastest person to travel to all Sovereign States (plus an additional 11 countries). Her amazing journey is called Expedition196 and she’s traveling as an Ambassador for Peace on behalf of the International Institute for Peace Through Tourism. We might not be able to follow in her footsteps, but we can at least follow her inspirational journey via Instagram. Go Cassandra!
1. Ever wanted to travel to every country in the world?
2. Well that’s exactly what Cassandra De Pecol is doing!
3. Her amazing journey is called Expedition196
4. She started off in Palau back in July 2015
5. And she’s already visited 181 countries since then
6. She’s hoping to become the first documented woman to travel to all 196 countries
7. Cassandra only has 15 more to visit in the next 40 days
8. If she does it she’ll break the Guinness World Record for the fastest person to travel to all Sovereign States
9. She’s traveling as an Ambassador for Peace on behalf of the International Institute for Peace Through Tourism
10. The trip has cost almost $200,000 so far but the costs are covered by sponsors
11. She also uses her Instagram as a platform for advertising in exchange for free accommodation
12. She’s only 27 but she’s already seen more than most will see in a lifetime
13. From meeting lion cubs
14. And skiing in the mountains of Colorado
15. To relaxing on the beach in Kiribati
16 And taking in beautiful sights like this view of Mostar bridge in Bosnia and Herzegovina
17. Cassandra doesn’t go anywhere without her camera
18. And her map of course!