A scarf, an ashtray, and a birdhouse-those are just three of the things I made my parents for Christmas and birthdays in arts and crafts classes growing up. But vocational classes can be a whole more creative if you think big.
Just ask this 15-year-old kid. When he signed up for a woodworking class in school, he decided to think outside the box… and build a table that would stand out from the crowd.
The result is brilliant and when the 15-year-old posted pictures of how he made it on Imgur, he was bombarded with tributes by impressed DIYers.
This really shows that when you put your imagination and creativity into a project, the possibilities are endless. Scroll down to see the project take shape!
1. It all starts with a simple wooden frame.
2. Then, he adds an inner frame.
3. You can’t have a table without legs.
4. The main parts are together, but the table is about to go through a transformation.
5. A natural stain really brings out the grain.
6. Now, it’s time to install the wiring. Here’s where things take a turn…
7. He installs a mirror and glues LED lights around the edges of the table.
8. Then, it’s time put the top back on.
9. Last but not least, a two-way mirror on top. This is how the finished table looks—unplugged. Now, it’s time to power it up.
10. Voilà—an infinity table!
11. The table can be lit in several different colors.
12. Cool, right?
13. Whatever you put on top endlessly repeats, giving the illusion of a portal to another world.
14. Of course, the table won a grand prize at school. What to say? This is an amazing table!
Impressive! Please share with anyone you know who would appreciate this awesome table!